Sunday, March 31, 2013

Grandbabies are a Gift

Psalm 127:3 says, "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord"  If children are a gift from God, grandchildren are extra special gifts. it is a blessing from God to see your children's children. (Psalm 128:5-6)

 I am blessed because I have 4 wonderful grandchildren. (There is nothing quite as special as a grandchild.)
These three live about 4 hours from us. We don't get to see them as often as I'd like, but we usually get to enjoy them and love on them for a whole weekend at a time.
 They are coming to our house next weekend and we are so excited. We will play games and make crafts. We will watch movies and play outside (weather permitting). We will shower them with love, and they will love us back. It's going to be grand, having our grandchildren visit.

Our 4th grandchild, the newest grandbaby, lives much farther away... in Guatemala and he's only three weeks old. I have been fortunate enough to have spent the last week with my daughter, my son-in-law, and my newest grandbaby Micah. He can't talk to me - or even really see me yet. But I have been speaking love to him for the last week. I have been cuddling, and rocking, and just watching little Micah. The next time I see him he will have changed so much. He will be able to focus his eyes, and control some of his movements. He will be awake for longer moments and sleeping better too. So this week I am just soaking him in - and loving on him as only a grandma can do. I am amazed at how perfect he is - and I am praising God for another grandson.
The most important thing I can do as a Grandma, however, is to pray for each of my grandchildren. And so I do...
"Father God, thank you for the gift of grandchildren. Thank you for these special little ones you've given to me. Watch over them and protect them. Reveal yourself to them.  I pray that they would know you as their Saviour, would trust you, and serve you all the days of their lives.  Give their mommies and daddies wisdom and patience.  Amen"

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You are the best grandma Micah could ask for, thank you for loving on him (and on us!)