Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Word To My Sons

I have three wonderful sons who have grown up to be men of character, men who love God and love others. This past Sunday we sang this hymn in church, and the lyrics are just what I want to tell my boys to remind them to be men of God  first and always. Brenton, Aaron and Jeff - you are always in my prayers!
And to my grandsons, Jake, Drew and Micah, I urge you to follow the examples of your dad, grandpa and uncles.  Ask Jesus to be in your heart always, read the Bible, pray always and you will grow up to be true men of God too. You are in my prayers as well.

Rise up O men of God, (click on this to hear the song)Have done with lesser things.Give heart and soul and mind and strength,To serve the King of Kings.

Rise up O men of God,His Kingdom tarries long,Bring in the day of brotherhood,And end the night of wrong.

Rise up the Lord is callingRise up this is the dayRise up and seize the momentRise up O men of faith

Rise up, O men of God!The church for you doth wait,Her strength unequal to her task;Rise up and make her great!

Rise up the Lord is callingRise up this is the dayRise up and seize the momentRise up O men of faith 
RISE UP... RISE UP...

Lift high the Cross of Christ,Tread where His feet have trod,As brothers of the Son of Man,Rise up O men of God.

Rise up the Lord is callingRise up this is the dayRise up and seize the momentRise up O men of faith 
RISE UP... RISE UP...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What great words and message!