Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Necessity is the Mother of Invention (or, How to Bake Without an Oven)

We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel, which means that we don't have an oven right now. The old one was moved out, and we can't install the new wall oven until after the counter tops go in.

But we don't have any cookies in the house! Oh no!

When Craig went to the store yesterday to buy milk he looked at the cookies - but they cost over $4.00 for just a dozen. So he came home without any.

Necessity is the mother of invention - and the Internet is my reference library. So I logged onto my computer, clicked on Google and Pinterest and looked for a recipe that caught my eye.
I love, love, love homemade chocolate chip cookies. So when I found this recipe for microwave chocolate chip cookies I knew I had to try it.





The recipe was easy to follow and I had all the ingredients, so 5 minutes later we were enjoying delicious cookies with our vanilla ice cream. Check out the recipe at No. 2 Pencil.  I would take pictures of our cookies, but my camera battery just died and I can't find the charger. It must have gotten packed in a box when we were taking apart the old kitchen. I am not sure I can "invent" anything to charge the battery, so I'll just have to keep searching for the charger!!

No comments: