Friday, January 2, 2015

Mother and Daughter Crafting

My daughter and her family came up to celebrate New Year's with us. Every time she comes to visit we always make sure we have some time to craft together. We usually prepare for the weekend by looking up potential projects online - especially on pinterest. 

Here are a few of our projects so far...


Project #1 - heart pictures. We painted white card stock, used a punch to cut out the hearts, and used Mod Podge to glue the hearts to another piece of card stock.  Click here for out inspiration - we used hearts instead of circles)




Here's Carrie's finished picture . . .


and here's mine.


Project #2: Word plaques. We used the silhouette to cut the words out of white card stock. Then we applied washi tape to another piece of card stock and layered the cut out piece on top so the tape shows through. On the second one I just put patterned card stock behind the word "Love." (Click here for our inspiration.)






Project #3: Cards using my new Stampin' Up feather bundle (stamps and framelit dies). (Click here  and here for our inspiration)


And here are our finished cards.


We have one more day to do some crafting. I wonder what our project will be.....

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I had so much fun crafting with you!

Genesis said...

Wow, these all look so professional and beautiful! I'm a friend of Carrie's in Guatemala and drool over all her art projects. :) She left me her old washi tape, so I may have to try this letter idea.