Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Valentines

Yesterday was Valentine's Day - a day to celebrate love. I was blessed to be able to receive many kinds of love:
The love of my husband. Before Craig went out of town on Monday he left me a card and a box of chocolates, and he called me yesterday to tell me again just how much he loves me.
The love of my children. Carrie surprised me by calling me at work in the morning to wish me a happy Valentine's Day. My daughter-in-law invited me over to share a heart shaped pizza for supper.
The love of my grandchildren. When I went over to have supper Izzy sat in my lap, Jake played knee hockey with me, and Andrew gave me lots of smiles. I also got precious hugs and kisses before I left.
The love of my friends and colleagues at work. The teachers made plates of cookies for all of the non-licensed staff. Everyone at Weaver Lake has a smile and a word of encouragement when I've needed it most.
The love of my heavenly Father. God overwhelms me with His love for me - through His Word, through the beauty of the sunrise and sunset, the peace in my heart as I pray, and the knowledge that He sent His only Son to die on the cross so that I might have eternal life with Him.

No comments: