Wednesday, March 28, 2007

God Owes Me Nothing

My son, Brenton, posted a blog about this yesterday, March 26, and I started thinking about it. Does God owe me anything? Do I act as if He does? Here are some of the things I've decided:
  • God does not owe me anything because of what I've done. Life is not about me. It's about Him.
  • However, God has given me some specific promises in His Word, and because He is God, and He is truth, He has to keep those promises. Some examples are: He has promised never to leave me or forsake me. He has promised that if I confess my sins He will forgive my sins. He promises to give me rest if I come to Him. His word is full of promises.
  • I think that sometimes I do expect God to answer my prayers and make my life easier just because I am a Christian. I agree with Brenton, who said: "I live like God is supposed to make much of me instead of me making much of him in all circumstances. "

more later . . .

2 comments:

Brenton Balvin said...

Mom, good post.

The promises of God are wonderful things to lean on.

I do have to comment though on one of the promises you mentioned. Read & 8. Now read and . And the kicker is . (all in the ESV)

You can use biblegateway.com or http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/ to search the word forsake.

Interesting texts to reconcile. Have fun! Love you!

Brenton Balvin said...

Those texts were Duet 31.6, 8 and Duet 31.17 and Judges 6.13 and Matthew 27.46