Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's no fun alone

I am watching the MN Gophers play the ND Fighting Sioux and I realized something again. Most things are no fun to do alone. Last weekend Craig and I watched these same two teams play each other and we had a great time. Today Craig is on his way to Illinois.
Yesterday Craig and I went for a bike ride. Today I went alone. It was still good exercise, but not as much fun.
This must be a little like what Adam felt in the garden - and God said, "It is not good for man to be alone." God has made us to share life, either with a mate or with a church family. And nothing's the same when you're alone.
However, I am so thankful that I am never really alone. I have a friend who is always with me - Jesus. He is helping me to make it through each day while Craig is gone and while Carrie is in Guatemala. He puts peace in my heart, He helps me to sleep well each night, He comforts me so that I don't feel so lonely, He gives me hope for the future.

No comments: