Monday, February 4, 2008

Bethel Hockey Rocks

Two weeks ago the Bethel University men's hockey team played two games against Hamline. Friday night my daughter and I headed down to Hamline's home ice for the game. I was kind of worried about the game for two reasons - Bethel has had a hard time beating Hamline on their ice, and my son was going to be playing with an injury.

The game was awesome - action from end to end, lots of shots, some pretty goals (and some ugly ones too) and good players on both sides. I am happy to say that Bethel won 5-3. I am even happier to say that my son had a goal and two assists. His goal was so sweet -on a breakaway where he really faked out the goalie and hit the puck into the net so hard the water bottle flew off the top.

Saturday's game was on Bethel's home ice. I don't think Bethel played quite as well as they had the night before but they played well enough to win 4-3. Again, it was a game of action. Hamline has a great team. The two wins put Bethel in first place for the MIAC.

Last weekend Bethel played St. Mary's. Craig got home in time for the game on Friday night. And it's a good thing he did because Jeff scored an awesome goal. (I've decided that Friday nights are the best nights for Jeff.)
Bethel beat St. Mary's Friday night but couldn't beat them in Winona on Saturday night. However, Hamline played such a great series against St. Thomas this weekend - beating them Friday night and tying them Saturday night - that Bethel remains in first place with two weekends left in conference play.

No comments: