Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Too Busy but Peaceful

The last week and a half has been seriously too busy. Besides working all day every day I have had activities that have kept me out late every evening. It makes the week go faster since Craig is gone, but it leaves me tired out too.
Since I shared last about the uncertainty of my job, I need to tell you how faithful God has been to0 give me peace about the future. I am confident that He is with me always and will help me cope with whatever the future may hold. I have felt His assurances and comfort at work, at the school board meetings, and at night when I am trying to sleep. My favorite verse, Phil. 4:6-8, is:

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I love the fact that God's peace - God's not mine- is so huge; it passes all understanding. And this peace will guard my heart and my mind. All I have to do is to let God know my requests with thanksgiving. He takes away my anxiousness and gives me His peace. It's so awesome! I can testify that this is truth. I have experienced this peace. And you can too!

No comments: