Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hello again!

I realize it's been a long time since I've blogged. Mostly, it's been because I've been busy - but it's also about not knowing what to write about. Not that there isn't anything happening in my life, but rather which things should I share. So here's the short version:
I am part of a group called Swingin' Eds. We're a group of educators who sing and dance together. We're part of a special variety show called the Wastebasket Review. This show raises money for college scholarships. This week was the first week of the show. We had Swingin' Eds rehearsal Monday night, dress rehearsals Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and shows Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I've had a great time. 13 years ago I went to my first Wastebasket Revue and wanted so badly to be a part of the Swingin' Eds. But I was a mom with four children, three of whom played hockey. There was no time in my schedule for me. But now the kids are grown, and I am so happy to be in Wastebasket Revue.
If you haven't ever seen the show, come on out next weekend! The tickets are only $10 - a great deal for a good show and the money goes to a good cause!
In addition to the show and working full time, I also spent time visiting my dad who spent a week in the hospital. Thankfully he's doing much better. He is now at a Care Center for some rehab before going back home to his apartment.

No comments: