Sunday, June 15, 2008

Goodbye, Weaver Lake!

Friday was my last day as secretary at Weaver Lake. It was a very hard day. I have worked there for 13 years, but this spring the school board decided to repurpose our school and so a new staff will be coming in the fall. So Friday I finished my tasks, cleaned out my desk, and turned in my keys. I said goodbye to all the people I've worked with for so many years and also goodbye to the whole district where my kids went to school and where I felt privileged to work.
It's time to start a new chapter of life. I do have a new job in the fall but it will be in a different school in a different school district. I am so thankful to God for my new job, and I know that He will be with me as I learn a new building and a new school district and begin to make new friends. I am still so sad at the losses, but I am beginning to look forward. I keep remembering a chorus from Girl Scouts:
Make new friends, but keep the old:
One is silver and the other gold.

No comments: