Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rainy Day

I woke up this morning to the wonderful sound of rain on the roof.I love the sound of rain. I would have loved it even more if I could have snuggled in and stayed home.I would have slept in a little longer. Then I would have gotten up, put on some comfy sweats, made a cup of cocoa and settled in on the couch with a blanket, a book, and the TV remote. Later on I would have gotten dressed for outside and go for a walk - it smells so good outside when its raining. Soup for lunch, hotdish for supper. Time to scrapbook,or bake,or putz around the house. A perfect rainy day.
This morning, however, I woke up to the thought that I had forgotten to turn in the timecards for all the EA's at my school. Oh no! I hurried to get ready for work, drove through the rain, and got to work early. After my boss signed the timecards I needed to take them to the district office. Thankfully the rain had stopped and I was able to stay dry during my errand. The rain held off until after all the kids had gotten on their busses to go home - and then it poured. I got to drive home in the rain. I had a good day at work, and I'm very glad I have a job to go to. I just hope it rains sometime on my day off!

No comments: