Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thunder In His Footsteps

Have you heard this worship song?
"...There’s thunder in his foot steps and lightning in His fists
Our God is an awesome God."

I was reminded of it last night as I woke up to thunder so loud that my whole house shook. Even my bed shook. It made me wonder if that was what an earthquake feels like.

Do a word search in your Bible on thunder. Here's a few verses I found:

Job 37:5 God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.
Psalm 29:3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.

How awesome is our God! But He does not always sound like thunder. Sometimes He talks to us in a whisper. Sometimes He even speaks to us in silence.

Next time you experience a thunderstorm, let the thunder remind you of the God of glory!

No comments: