Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Family Member


I'm not home alone any more. Tonight Percy moved in with me.

Percy is a miniature schnauzer mix dog who is about one year old. He's silky beige which I don't think is a traditional color for a schnauzer. He's housetrained, and loves being with people.
Trying to take a picture of a dog is harder than taking pictures of kids. He just won't sit still when I try to snap a picture. He wants to be right by me. So you'll have to wait a bit to see him.
When his foster mom brought him over tonight I felt a little like I did when we brought our first child home from the hospital - excited, scared, overwhelmed, happy, wondering "what have we gotten ourselves into?" but at the same time so very thankful. I think Percy is going to be a great companion for me when Craig is gone, and also good for the two of us when Craig's home. He's not very big so he'll be easy to take with to the cabin or anywhere else we want to travel.
So it's a new adventure. It's been 5 years since we had our last dog, Major. It was time to have a dog again. Thanks, Midwest Animal Rescue, for bringing Percy to us!

No comments: