Saturday, March 5, 2011

A New Year

Since I just celebrated my birthday (yesterday) it's time to think about this new year of my life. Where am I going? Do I have goals, dreams, plans? What am I going to do with the gift of this new year?
As I have been writing lately, I really want to focus on a couple of things in my relationship with God- I want to memorize His Word, and I want to be thankful and recognize all the gifts He gives me, both big and small.
This year promised to be a year of change - although maybe all of life is about change. I do think, however, that there is a rhythm to life and some periods are more calm than others.
My daughter, my only daughter, my youngest child, is getting married this spring....in Guatemala....to a wonderful Guatemalan man. How's that for change? They plan to live there for at least the first year. Carrie has lived in Guatemala before, so it is not new to have her far away. But this time probably will feel different- more permanent. I am happy for her, but I know that it will be a time of adjustment, and some sorrow, for me.
My oldest son is currently unemployed, and seeking a new job wherever God calls him to be. So that could bring about more change. Right now they live about 1.5 hours away from us. But at least we can get together for a meal, or for the day.
Craig and I have also talked about our future. We are tired of being apart more than we're together since he is back driving over the road. We are praying for God to show us the way, for Him to grant us the opportunity to be together again. Again, that would involve change.
I think that, in this year of change, I need to work even more on the things I talked about first - memorizing Scripture, and being thankful. Add prayer to those two things, and I have the tools, the strength, the peace to travel through the changes. I am so thankful that my God knows the future and that He promises to always be with me.
Now about my other goals in this new year...
I want to continue to try new recipes, make DIY projects, scrapbook, stamp, get together with friends, stay on my diet, and enjoy each new day. I can't wait for spring so I can get out in my yard again. We are planning to have our back yard fenced as soon as possible so that Percy can enjoy being outside without always being on a leash. I can't wait to watch him run free around the yard!
Do you take time on your birthday to thank God for a new year, and to evaluate where you've been and where you're going?
______________________________________
verse #7:
Romans 5:8 "But God proves His own love for us in that whie we were still sinners Christ died for us!"
______________________________________
22. Warmth of the sun on my face as I walk
23. One piece of milk chocolate candy with cream filling
24. Diet Cherry coke - on ice!
25. Falling asleep easily
26. Old Hymns - Blessed Assurance, Trust And Obey, I Am So Glad That Jesus Loves Me, The Old Rugged Cross, etc.
27. A bouquet of fresh flowersw on the table
28. Saturday morning with no schedule - "just let the day unfold."

No comments: