According to the dictionary, success is:
1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
2. the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.
3. a successful performance or achievement: The play was an instant success.
4.a person or thing that is successful: She was a great success on the talk show.
The world defines success many times by outward appearances- how others see us, how much money, how many possessions, degrees, or awards we've collected, by our achievements. For many, worldly success is their goal in life. Aand maybe that's why so many people are so unhappy, and look to things like alcohol and drugs. Because that wordly success does not satisfy. Why? Because we are not using the right definition of success. We are measuring ourselves with the wrong ruler, you might say.
The Bible defines success very differently.
See Joshua 1:7-8
“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."
We are successful when we are obedient to God. We can measure our success by His ruler. God does not measure success by worldly things. If we are meditating on His Word, and being obedient to what it says, then we are sucessful. Even if we're poor, or lose our job, or don't have many friends, or are overweight, or ..... the list goes on. We are still a success in God's eyes if we are trying to be obedient to Him.
So, are you a success?
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
"Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
(My memory verses as I read 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart by Robert J. Morgan)
15. lime green sheets and my brown comforter - I love the color combo!
16. "It's a good, good, good, good, good, good morning!" song that always makes me smile
17. Craig calling to say he's got a good load - he sounds so happy.
18. someone noticing that I've lost weight
19. a glass of really cold spring water
20. the sign I made that says, "grace"
21. memories of looking out the window of the cabin at the lake