Saturday, June 25, 2011

Inspired to Create, part 2

I don't consider myself to be a particularly creative person, because I have a hard time coming up with ideas on my own. But I can copy/modify other people's ideas.
Here are some more cards I made, based on the pattern of a card I made at the Stamp-A-Stack class.

It's pretty easy to make multiples of a car style, once I figure out what I'm doing.

Here's another project I made after seeing the idea on a blog called Tatertots And Jello. There was a guest writer named Amanda, who also has her own blog. She made a message board from a tile.
Here's mine:
According to Amanda you can use a whiteboard marker to write on the tile, and it wipes off. I haven't bought a marker yet to try it on mine, but I like my tile just the same. I am just trying to decide if I want it setting on the counter like Amanda's or if I want to hang it on the wall. I bought a plate hanger which will hold the tile, so I might just hang mine in a handy place. (Sorry for the glare from the flash.
This was an easy and inexpensive project because I already had all the stickers (left over from scrapbooking). The tile cost $1.04 at Menard's. It's 8 x 10 inches. And the plate hanger was less than $3 at a hardware store. I probably could have picked that up at Menard's as well, but didn't know I needed it until later.

____________________________________________________
I am so glad to be up at the cabin, partly because last time I was up here I accientally left my 100 Bible Verses book up here.
Today's memory verse is I John 1:7:
But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
What a wonderful verse to remember! The blood of Jesus cleanses me from all my sin. You can be cleansed too!
I peeked ahead, and the next verse is I John 1:9. Maybe I should just start working on memorizing the first chapter of I John!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What cute projects - you should link these up somewhere.

I love the colors of the cards - and the tile turned out great!

I wonder if I can find a tile somewhere ...