Sunday, October 2, 2011

The beauty of a tree



A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart. ~Hal Borland

My favorite time of year to be at the cabin is Autumn. The cripsness of the air, the beauty of the trees, the absence of bugs. It is quiet - there are few boats on the lake or cars on the road - but the colors of the trees glorify God loudly. Being here refreshes my soul.

I just wish Autumn would last longer. But the north winds come quickly to blow the leaves down and cover them with snow. I need to look at the colors until my eyes grow tired so that these pictures of autumn are saved in my memory -and breathe in deeply the smells of autumn so that when winter comes and everything is white, I can pull up these sights and smells from memory and enjoy them once more. 

No comments: