Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Craft Room Closet

A cluttered craft room clutters the mind and suppresses creativity.
Right?
At least that is the way it is for me. When it takes too long to find supplies, and I have to clear a space before I can start working, I lose my energy for crafting. So I have been on a mission to make my craft room clean, organized, and ready for crafting.

Last week I put up my new craft table. I put three coats of Polyshades on the top - but I am planning to do one more coat this weekend, so that the top is nice and smooth. Finishing the base cabinets will have to wait until after the holidays - so you'll have to wait a while for pictures.

Last night, however, I worked on organizing my craft closet. I would like to put up permanent shelves, but again, that will have to wait until next year. I spent a couple of hours going through my stamps and other supplies.
Here is what my closet looked like before I began.
 And here is what it looks like now:

I still need to reorganize the boxes on the top shelf, but doesn't the rest of it look nice? I even made labels for the containers, so I can find what I am looking for much more quickly.

Let the crafting begin!
_________________________________________________________
I'm still working on memorizing Scripture. The verses for this week are Hebrews 10:23-25:
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. (NAS)

I love that part...."for He who promised is faithful."  What a wonderful thought to remember today - God is faithful!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You made good progress! :)