But, as so often happens, I slowly drifted away. I stopped recording the little blessings in my life.
I was reminded today that if I want to be content, I need to cherish the little things. I need to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness.
So here's the beginning of a new list - I may not record all the little things, but I'm going to try to see, appreciate and be thankful for all of my blessings.
- Sugar-free vanilla caramel Coffeemate in my morning coffee
- Dry roads (no snow or ice)
- A fire in the wood stove
- Watching the chickadees at the bird feeder
- A Diet Coke - any time of day!
- An email from friend or family
- Light from a full moon
- Our new, large screen TV
- A good night's sleep
- The smell of meatloaf and au gratin potatoes cooking in the oven
- A hot shower
- Fresh Rice Krispie bars
- Skyping with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson
- Spending the evening with my husband